Monday, May 23, 2011

Brief update from the breakdown lane...

I have spent the last week or so getting my folks moved into assisted living. They are moved and settled, thanks to help from my brother as well as the fine folks at 'Two Men and a Truck'. My brother flew back to Atlanta on Wednesday morning, and now I am stuck with getting all the leftover stuff dealt with. I hate it. I feel like I've fallen into quicksand and I can't get up....and the more I try to extricate myself, the deeper I sink in. I held a garage sale to try to move some of my folks' junk. I HATE garage sales. They are by far my least favorite way to spend a Saturday. And last night during a wave of severe weather, we lost power here at the 'move out' location. Power is still off as I write. Depressing. Can't wait to finish the task at hand and hit the road. I miss my wife. I miss my life. Glad to help, and glad that my folks are getting some 'assist' to their living situation. But where is the assist for my sorry situation. Oh well, this too shall pass. It's just got to.

1 comment:

Jody said...

I've been thinking about you ever since I read this post earlier today. And I just want to say, "Go in grace." You're doing a grace-filled thing; be filled yourself! Caring for aging parents is the job we didn't ever prepare for but that we want to do well, giving them honor and dignity. I'm praying for you!